Air Temple Arts is always looking for qualified coaches to join our teaching staff and we would love to hear from you!
- Aerial Silks (int + advanced)
- Ground skills incl. Hand Balancing, Contortion, Partner Acrobatics
- Youth Instruction
We are also welcoming resumes for any of the following disciplines:
- Corde Lisse
- Aerial Sling
- Aerial Hoop
- Other specialty aerial apparatuses (cube, cloud swing, etc.)
Air Temple Arts, a fast-growing, serious recreational, circus studio located near downtown New Haven, has expanded to a beautiful new location and we are seeking committed instructors to help us expand our programming for both our adult and youth programs!
Air Temple Arts was featured on season three of PBS’ award winning show START-UP which spotlights unique and promising small businesses across the country.
We are looking for instructors who are passionate about teaching and not just performing, who are looking to be part of a community long term.
- 2 hours by public transport from Boston and New York City for professional performers
- 2 hours or less from great studios including the New England Center for Circus Arts for continued training opportunities
- Opportunities for creativity-driven performance through Air Temple’s performance collective
- A passionate and dedicated core student base
- Easy access to New Haven–a dynamic, up and coming city
- The ability to directly influence shaping the circus programs at Air Temple
- You will be part of Connecticut’s blossoming young circus scene
- Unlimited training opportunities in our beautiful space
- A positive attitude in the studio
- Dedication to creating a positive, encouraging environment for our students
- Eagerness to be part of a growing team and community
- A serious passion for teaching!
- An interest in innovative and creative approaches to teaching and performing
- The ability to adhere to studio safety policies and guidelines
- The ability to follow, or create curriculum as needed
- A basic familiarity with technology (ipads, google docs, mindbody, etc.) or willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
- A professional demeanor and attitude
- a commitment to continually improving as a performer and instructor of the circus arts
We only accept coaches who have completed a reputable aerial teacher training program with us or elsewhere (Paper Doll Militia, Born to Fly, or Nimble Arts preferred). Consideration to coaches without teacher training will only be given based on extensive experience and references.
For more information email email@example.com. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, two references, and a video or link to a video of yourself in the air* to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This can be a promotional video, a training session recorded on your phone, whatever—we just want to see you in action!